June 11–17, 2023
UCF Main Campus • Performing Arts Center – Music
Summer String Camp will be suspended for the summer of 2023.
The camp will be back in Summer 2024.
UCF Summer String Camp is a one-week, intensive program designed to educate and inspire young string players in grades 7–12 with a rigorous and stimulating curriculum.
UCF Summer String Camp is a one-week, intensive program designed to educate and inspire young string players. Full day camp is for grades 7-12 with a rigorous and stimulating curriculum. Skills covered will include string technique (improving intonation, vibrato, set-up) and musicianship (foundations of rhythm, sight singing and theory). Instruments covered in this camp are violin, viola, ’cello, double bass.
Applications are now open and will close on June 1, 2023 or when camps reach capacity. If we receive too many applications for the solo competition, we will ask for prescreening before camp starts.
A reservation fee of $75 is non-refundable and will be used towards the cost of tuition. Tuition does not include a $30 administrative fee to Acceptd.
Early Registration Tuition Deadline
$345 by May 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Late Registration Tuition
$395 by June 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
15% discount for second child
A limited number of supervised rooms will be available for students interested in staying in UCF dorms. Further details will be announced soon!
Requests for refunds of camp tuition and housing must be submitted no later than 11 business days prior to camp start date. No refunds will be considered within two weeks prior to the start of the camp session. Transaction fees paid to Accepted during registration are non-refundable, and a $75 processing fee is deducted from all refunds if the camper cancels. UCF cancellation will result in a full refund minus Acceptd transaction fees.
Private, 50-minute lessons with camp faculty are available for an additional cost: $40 for lessons with student teachers, $60 for lessons with UCF faculty.
- Violin: Dr. Winter
- Cello: Mr. Bjella
- Bass: Cesar Olmeda
- Viola: Dr. Céspedes
- Premiere: Beginner
- Apollo: Low Intermediate
- Pegasus: High Intermediate
- Knights: Advanced
- All the ensembles except for Premiere will require an audition.
- David Bjella, UCF Professor of Cello
- Dr. Ross Monroe Winter, UCF Assistant Professor of Violin
- Matthew Davis, Director of Orchestras at Harrison School for the Arts, Lakeland, FL and Conductor of the Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra’s Philharmonia
- Dr. Mauricio Céspedes, Principal Viola of the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- Susanna Klein, violinist and pedagogue
- Other Personnel: Juan Ceballos, Abby Goodman, Cristina Garcia, Steven Hernandez, Jin Jones, Aramis Ruiz-Ruiz and Madeleine Smith
Click here to view a sample schedule from last year’s Summer String Camp.