These will be VIDEO auditions only for your initial submission.
Callbacks will take place in person.
Your entire audition package must include the following:
- A TYPED bio no more than 75 words in length.
- A copy of your headshot and resume.
- A filled out “Department Audition Form.” The audition form can be found online at: https://forms.gle/9JFxyt5JmMU93XVc9
IMPORTANT: You will need to upload your performance package to an unlisted YouTube link. Then, you will need to provide that link on your Department Audition Form. This link is what the directors will use to watch your audition package. Make sure that link is on your form!
Bio, headshot, and resume should be embedded in the YouTube description.
Performance Requirements for this audition:
- TWO contrasting monologues – one should be a contemporary monologue and one should show ability to handle heightened language
- 16 bars of a contemporary musical theatre song
- If you are interested in being considered for the role of an actor-musician in Indecent, please include a minute-long instrumental video audition. Musical instruments considered are: accordion, violin, mandolin, clarinet/bass clarinet, baritone ukulele, tin whistle. This is an OPTIONAL addition to your audition submission.
- You have three minutes TOTAL for your monologues and song. Not 3 minutes for each piece.
- Instrumental submissions are NOT part of this time requirement.
All BFA and MFA acting and musical theatre majors are REQUIRED to audition.