Your Audition Package Must Include:
- A TYPED bio no more than 75 words in length.
- A copy of your headshot and resume.
- A filled out “Department Audition Form.” The audition form can be found online at: https://forms.gle/9itB61gxL3KtzFVS7
NOTE: If you are going to miss callbacks because you are away on an internship, please be sure to note that on your department audition form so all the directors are aware.
IMPORTANT: You will need to upload your performance package to an unlisted YouTube link. Then, you will need to provide that link on your Department Audition Form. This link is what the directors will use to watch your audition package. Make sure that link is on your form! Bio, headshot, and resume should be embedded in the YouTube description.
Audition Pieces to Perform:
- TWO contrasting monologues: 1 contemporary monologue; 1 monologue showing your ability to handle heightened language (Shakespeare or his contemporaries or Moliere or Calderon or more modern poetry like Shange)
- 16 bars of a contemporary musical theatre song
IMPORTANT: Your audition pieces together including the slate cannot exceed three minutes TOTAL. NOT three minutes per piece!!
NOTE: Auditioners are allowed to perform their audition pieces in whatever order they wish. HOWEVER, be advised that if you do not complete both pieces within the allotted time, you run the risk of not being considered for any callback auditions. The department faculty directors are committed to seeing you being fully prepared to deliver the audition package that has been asked of you. If you fail to follow the established guidelines for this audition, there will be consequences.